Position Description: Booking Officer
- Role of the Booking Officer
- Hiring Community or Recreation facilities.
- Take bookings or provide an answering service for people wishing to hire the facility
- Liaise with the Committee members in the acceptance of bookings
- Maintain a diary of facility bookings
- Respond to requests for information on the hire of the facility
- Ensure users/hirers complete a hire agreement and make them aware of the associated terms & conditions of hire
- Ensure appropriate public liability insurance is in place for all hirers
- Levy fees in accordance with Council’s Pricing Policy (fees and charges)
- Receipt all fees paid in the facility receipt book
- Coordinate with the Treasurer to reconcile receipts with cash deposits
- Issue keys to hirers as required and maintain a register of keys issued and returned.
- For a special event such as a State/National Championship Council requires three months notice. Please contact Council’s Events Staff on 49210449 to determine if a special event application is required.
- Provide Council with the annual usage of the facility
- Ensure all cleaning and maintenance does not conflict with existing hire arrangements
- Community Halls only – Inspect the facility after all functions to ensure the building is clean and not damaged and return the Bond to the hirer
Page Last Updated: 29 May 2014