City Serve 2018
Council is seeking expressions of interest from delegated authorities wishing to take part in City Serve 2018 projects.
This is the sixth year of City Serve involvement with LMCC and with an expected increase of volunteers. In 2017 we saw 26 projects being completed in the Lake Macquarie Council LGA, mobilising some 700 volunteers.
Council is calling on delegated authorities to put forward their “project wish list”. These lists will be compiled and forwarded to City Serve for promotion within their volunteer network. If your project proposal is successful, City Serve will be looking to complete projects in October 2018, Council will advise delegated authorities if their project has been successful.
Council’s Community Planning Project Officer Brad Smith, will provide support throughout the venture, from planning, to execution of the projects. Some materials for the project can be purchased from LMCC facility accounts, assistance from Council may also be available.
Typical projects include
- Painting, Internal, External (Height dependant), Floors , Seating etc.
- Gardening, Weeding , Mulching, Planting, etc.
- Topdressing, Goal Mouths etc.
- General Clean ups.
It is important to remember that projects will need to be completed within one day. For example if a club is wanting to paint the exterior of their building, they will need to complete the washing down of the “to be painted” areas prior to City Serve arrival, so the building is dry. Council officers will assist defining what will be needed prior to the day.
What is expected from the club/delegated authority?
- Be involved - Club reps are invited and encouraged to join in with activities. The more engaged for the day, the more can be achieved.
- Provide access - Provide access to the facility, toilets, areas of work etc.
- Roll out the BBQ - In previous years some clubs have provided some sausage sandwiches, but is totally up to each venue.
Everyone that has previously been involved have said what a great day it was and how thankful they were as they would never have been able to organise a working bee of such size within their own network.
Please email your expression of interest by June 30, to email@example.com, Expressions of interest should include the following details:
- Name of facility
- Project Location
- Project description
- Estimate of people needed
- A few photos (If possible)
If anyone would like further information, please contact Brad Smith on 02 49210282 or0478318925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Last Updated: 08 Mar 2017